Hello again everyone,
A lot has happen since my last entry. I started the KIMBA program this past Monday and it was really good. All of my classmates are Thai national and I am the only American student in the program. I felt like this was the place for me but I didn’t have God’s peace when I went to class. For the last three days I had no peace in my decision to pursue a MBA in Thailand, I wanted to use this as an excuse to do ministry. So this morning I got up and I prayed for two hours about what it is God has called me to do in Thailand. After I finish praying one of the missionaries called me in response to a message I wrote him last night. Last night I had a meeting with one of the staff members from the KIMBA program and she told me that I had not paid for the rest of my tuition which was 125,000 baht. She told me I had until Thursday at 12 noon to pay for the rest of it or I will be removed from the program. As I talk with my friend Lonnie about school, I realized that God gave me peace in this situation. So as of right now I am no longer apart of the KIMBA program and I have peace in knowing when God closes one door he is able to open another.
Apart from that I got a chance to help with an English story telling contest at one of the local Universities. During this time I got a chance to meet a lot of Thai students and most of them wanted to practice their English with me. I also met a Christian woman from the Philippines that is an English professor at Shirpatum University. She was big encouragement to Kat and I because she has been in Thailand for 9 years sharing the gospel, and being a light to the lost people. Right now I will continue to learn the language and encourage my Thai Christian brothers and sisters.
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11
Friday, February 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
God has a way of making you listen doesn't he..I got your goodies by the way... I just
ReplyDeleteneed to get a bigger box....I will email you
when I send it Out.LOL Mom (smile)