Friday, February 12, 2010

The challenge

Well, I arrived in Thailand January 23, 2010 and from the moment I got off the plane I just knew that I would have to completely depend on God from this point on. I came to Thailand not knowing if I was accepted into Kasetsart University's graduate program, nor did I know what I would be doing in ministry while in Thailand. For about three weeks, I felt like God was keeping me in the dark about my purpose for being in Thailand. There were a few times I felt like giving up and going home, because I felt like I shouldn't be here and I thought I was running this race all by myself. During those 3 weeks, I had a chance to reconnect with my Thai friends that I meet in 2008, and I got a chance to meet and connect with some new people. Some of those new people were Nate, Pete, Aum, Bun, Bob and Paula just to name a few. Right now I am staying in a house until Pi Tote comes back. My housemates are Dang, Pete and Nate, and all of them are really nice guys. Pete and Dang are Thai, and Nate is an American missionary.
As for school, I was accepted into the Kasetsart International Master's of Business Administration (KIMBA) on January 27, 2010. So many things happened that tested my faith and belief in God. One big thing that tested my faith was coming up with the money to pay for school! I had been raising support since May of 2009, and there was a lot of people who "Said" that they was going to support me, and when time came to collect most of them backed out, so I didn't have all the support money I needed to pay to for school. So I began to pray and ask God if Thailand is where He had called me to be why didn't I have all the money and help that I needed to pay for school right now. On Feb 3, 2010 I checked my bank account and I had no money. In fact my bank account was negative. My response to that was "Lord is this some kind of joke? cause I don't get it." So I'm in Thailand I have no money, I can't even pay for school, and I want to go back home but I can't because I'm broke. Considering the pressure of all these things at one time, all I could to was give it to Jesus. That whole night I prayed to God that if he really called me to Thailand then He will make a way out of no way. That next day God did some things that I knew only He could have done. I was given 6 extra days to come up with the money, and I met a Thai professor named Dejsak Chansawas, who had been teaching tennis at KU for 25 years, invited me to come to his class on Monday and play tennis with some of his students. While playing tennis, I got a chance to meet two Thai students Paul and Jeep and they spoke good English. After class Mr. Dejsak gave me some vital information on who I should talk to, to help me with paying for school. On my way home I began to praise God because I knew that he was ordering my footsteps and leading me on the right path.
The next day I went to the director of the KIMBA program and spoke to him, just as Mr. Dejsak told me to do. Before I went to his office I told the Lord that all I have on me is 20,000 baht if this is your will for me to go to school right now then open the door and I will walk through it. So by the end of the conversation with the director, I paid 20,000 baht into the program and he gave me an additional week to pay the rest of the 125,000 baht. Man do you know all I could do was say thank you God. I mean really that is all I could do because I knew for a fact it as nothing that I had done on my own. So right now I am waiting so see how God is going to show himself to me in the next few days.

But seek first his kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.
Matt 6:33

1 comment: